Being able to play the drums is a very cool skill to know. However, as a beginner, it might be difficult at first to try and play any song like a professional. Not being able to play a song well might not be as fun either and might delay your time when trying to progress as a drummer.
This is why as a beginner it is very important to begin with songs that are easier to play so that you can sound like a pro straight from the start. This will also let you practice to improve your skills and will be much more fun than attempting to play a song that is at a much more difficult level.
Read below to see some suggestions made by professional music instructors from Indie Music Store.
15 beginner drum songs to help put you on track (in no particular order)
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Let it Be – The Beatles
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
- Come as You Are – Nirvana
- Closer – Chainsmokers
- Imagine – John Lennon
- Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
- We Will Rock You – Queen
- Beverly Hills – Weaver
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
- Another Brick In The Wall Part 2 – Pink Floyd
- Honky Tonk Woman – The Rolling Stones
- You Shook Me All Night Long -AC/DC
- Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
After reading these recommendations I hope you are ready to pick up your drum sticks and begin playing! It is important to know that playing at first might be difficult but throughout time and practice, you will find yourself better than ever. Especially when following on to these simple beginner songs! If you’re looking for the perfect set of drums to get started, check out our Drums page on our website or our Reverb page for more.